July 26, 2005

Pass the Wonder Bread. Please

If you can believe the latest news stories, this John Roberts is one swell guy. Diane Feinstein doesn’t mind him. He even helped Sandra Day Connor when she was a nominee. To hear the Republicans talk, he’s the model of a moderate. If this is all true, why is it that every time I see a photo of him, I have an overwhelming desire to watch Lawrence Welk reruns and eat milk toast?

If I were anti-abortion and an exec for a Cheney puppet company, or if I were, oh I dunno, say, A SHEEP, I’d think John Roberts was the greatest thing since Wonder Bread. No offense to Wonder Bread.

Why isn’t the media raising hell that W nominated this guy over say, an equally qualified woman or any other minority. Isn’t anyone slightly offended that W has yet again shoved a crony white guy in our face. And if you think Condi Rice is a good example of how diversified is, don’t. She’s as white as Roberts.