June 26, 2006

Talk About Fashion First

I stole this from Gawker's site – it came in their mailbag. If this isn’t a good example of people behaving badly, then slap my face and call me Anna – and I’m not talking about Anna Nicole Smith. Read on:

“Thursday, 8pm: I’m walking home from a friend’s house via 7th ave when I notice a woman about ten feet ahead of me stumbling in her heels. The straps were not staying put on her shoes and she kept getting her heel caught and stumbling, say, every 10 seconds or so. The man she was walking with never seemed to notice or care. But the best aspect of this story was that, as we approached a crosswalk, an ambulance came roaring down 7th avenue, with horns and lights and sirens blaring. It had its blinker on indicating it was going to make a left turn, cutting in front of me and this woman and her companion. Well, this lady was having none of it. She stepped right in front of the oncoming ambulance, as it attempted to make a turn, and put her hand up, shouted, “I’m crossing!!!” and proceeded to cross the street, stumbling in her heels the entire way. I’d say the rescue was delayed maybe 30 seconds due to this, and perhaps someone died. The woman? Anna Wintour. I guess the devil crosses when she sees fit!”