July 19, 2006

The Other Beck

I just finished watching Glenn Beck on CNN. I've never really watched him before and I really don't know anything about him, other than he is a conservative who thinks that the latest middle-east development is the beginning of WWIII.

Honestly, I have to admit when I first heard what Israel did, the thought crossed my mind. I haven't tried to think about it too much, because, yep, I'm shallow. I'm also scared. I also tend to over-react, so I hope that Glenn Beck and I have this in common.

Work tends to get in the way of me getting to obsessed with matters of the world. For a change, I'm glad I have a hectic job that keeps my life unbalanced. Later this week, I get on a plane and fly to Canada, a place that seems like a fitting retreat in the middle of a war crisis. So I won't be blogging, but I will be reading the papers and watching the news. I have a feeling the Lebanon war will be a big topic of this blog in the upcoming weeks.

On a lighter note, I have not commented on W saying the "S" word in public. A lot of people take this as proof that his faith is all show. Uh-huh. It took him uttering a four letter word to prove that? I've said it before and I'll say it again. The guy uses Jesus as a marketing tool. It's an old trick used by lots of folks. Having said that, I don't see how saying the stronger version of poopy makes anyone less faithful. But that's why religion can be so silly, or dangerous, as in the case of what's going on in the world these days, and for that matter, what has happened throughout history.