September 26, 2006

Lay Down These Old Bones

When my grandma was nearing ninety, she used to say to us, "I just want to lay down these old bones and die."

After nine days in a time zone that is 15 hours ahead of ours, and after 42 hours of travel time round trip, door-to-door, I understand how Grandma felt.

International travel always sounds fun. Unlike a road trip to say, Vegas, however, the getting there is the least part of the fun, even in business class. Then, once you are there, dealing with the time zone, eating lunch when you should be dreaming about fairies and pink zebras, is not so much fun either. What's less fun? Traveling East to West. I've been sleeping past noon the last two days and staying up till 3:00am. My muscles are so sore from the plane trip that I have feel there is an anchor in my back, and for some reason, I have a headache that won't go away. Does Asia cause brain tumors?

Anyway, I'm back from Hong Kong, much worse for the wear. I'd blog on something like rude people or W's latest folly, but really, who cares. I'm going to take an Advil and wait for the season premier of Gilmore Girls, then go to bed, after popping an Ambien. So if you don't hear from me for a while, I'm no doubt taking a very long nap.

Happier travels to you. Don't forget the aspirin.