July 04, 2008

Happy Independence Day!

The 4th of July is a little bit like a political Christmas: you have to have good will toward Republicans, just for the day. I can work myself up to a full day, however, so at 2:00 p.m, after I have had a cocktail at my pals Michael and Steven's (who, by the way donated bus loads to Hillary's campaign) I am going to declare a moment of forgiveness and for exactly one minute, I will forgive every jackass who voted for George W. Bush, and thereby, ruined the country.  To further show my commitment to that Minute of Forgiveness, I'm going to encourage my dear pal Robby, who will also be at the party and is the most hard core democrat I know, to join me in my minute. If the two of us can forgive on that issue, even for just a minute, then there is hope in these hard time. 

As soon as that minute is up, however, I'm having another sip of my cocktail, and the grudge will return.