January 23, 2006

Emphasis on the RIGHTness

Reuters - Mon Jan 23, 5:02 PM ET
WASHINGTON - President George W. Bush on Monday told opponents of abortion their views would eventually prevail and urged them to work to convince more Americans of "the rightness of our cause." On the 33rd anniversary of Roe v. Wade, the landmark Supreme Court decision that established federal abortion rights, Bush addressed activists by telephone from Manhattan, Kansas, and called their goals noble.

The rightness of their cause? Far right, maybe. Give me an old-fashion Republican who believes in a small federal government that minds their own business. It's bad enough I have Dick Cheney listening in on my calls to the take-out Chinese joint down the street, but honestly, if, God forbid, I should ever get pregnant (and with these aging hormones it would be a miracle) and abortion isn't legal, I'm on the first plane to someplace where I still get to say what happens to my body. If people would just use birth control, it would cut down on the need for abortion. However, the world is full of morons who can't put on a condom or take the damn pill, so yes, there are abortions that could have been prevented. But anti-abortion people, honestly, do you think a child deserves to be born to a moron? And aren't enough children born to morons? I mean, W won the 2004 election, look at all the morons who voted for him. Can I go to jail yet for saying that?

If you insist on taking away abortion rights, then that only leaves us with one logical solution: enforced sterilization. Does that appeal to you people more?