March 16, 2006

Blame it on the Weather

It’s cold outside. If you are reading this, and you live in the Midwest or on the East Coast, or even chilly San Francisco (shout out to my buds in SF) you are probably wondering why I even bother on commenting on the weather. I live in Las Vegas. We’ve had snow in March. Does that sound screwy to you? It does to me.

Granted, the snow didn’t stick to the ground, but those were some mighty fat and furious flakes. I felt like Rosemary Clooney in White Christmas.

I’m no weather expert, but even an aerosol, Styrofoam loving, dyed-in-the-roots grrl like me can see that the globally, our weather is screwed. Maybe raptureready.com is right and the apocalypse is near (In Buffy the Vampire Slayer, they had numerous apocalypses, so take heart) or, as I see it, global warming is doing it’s nasty thang and we are headed for, well, now that I think of it, an apocalypse. Or in the least, some really, really, schizophrenic weather.

Oh God, I hope I don’t get Jesus freaks emailing me on this one. I don’t think my republican-administration induced ulcer can take it.

Back to the point: everyone is screaming – and rightfully so – about W’s and his dogs lack of skills at concluding the war in Iraq, the mess in New Orleans (shout out to all my displaced NOLA relatives), port security, their uncaring attitude in general, and their arrogance at large, but IMHO, there is in no way enough attention focused on their utter lack of environmental policy, other than, “hey, dump that industrial waste container right over there, will you. It’s in the way of the CEO’s view.”

Of course, I misspeak. They do not have a lack of environmental policy. It’s all aimed at helping corporations’ bottom line, while gussied up as some rare-species loving program.

At least that aspect of their marketing machine is still working.

I'm going to Baja for a few days, where it's at least ten degrees warmer. So I won't be blogging. Until my next post, stay warm.