May 17, 2007

Good-bye to the Girls

In a world where people behave badly, seven years ago i found a retreat. Yes, you guessed it. The Gilmore Girls.

Oh shut up. I know that the world is falling apart: war, hunger, poverty, oppression. I can' take Xanax all the time to deal with the stress of it all. Where there is no Xanax, there is Gilmore Girls.

True to this blog of people behaving badly, I have the beloved stars of Gilmore Girls to blame for the cancellation: they didn't want to come back. Or they wanted more money. It depends on which stories you read and believe. Either way, it's their fault for the show being cancelled. Thanks gals, I guess I'll have my doctor refill my Xanax.

Of course, the producers could let the girls go and keep the show going with the support cast. I've never enjoyed a show more where the support cast carried the show. Kirk, Taylor, Miss Patty, Michele, and especially Emily Gilmore, you are the ones I will miss most. And Lane and her band of misfits, and of course, Mrs. Kim.

Go gently into the cancelled night my TV friends. I'll see you in reruns and on DVD.