May 13, 2007

Yawn. Religion Again?

In an effort to be fair and balanced (I've never tried this before, but I've got this list of 1,000 things to do before I die. . .) I am posting the below quote from Barack Obama. I do not like what he says. I disagree with him (though factually he is right, I disagree with the sentiment). Keep your religion to yourself, unless you want to bore us. Give us some new rhetoric.

"Secularists are wrong when they ask believers to leave their religion at the door before entering into the public square. Frederick Douglass, Abraham Lincoln, Williams Jennings Bryan, Dorothy Day, Martin Luther King - indeed, the majority of great reformers in American history - were not only motivated by faith, but repeatedly used religious language to argue for their cause. To say that men and women should not inject their "personal morality" into public policy debates is a practical absurdity."

--Senator, Barack Obama
Call to Renewal Conference, June 28, 2006.

"Call me absurd."
--Binx
Lablogda, May 13, 2007

Of course, Obama said that almost a year ago. It will be interesting to see, as we get closer to the 2008 elections, how much he keeps his faith. I don't think this political yarn (or yawn) will bode well with Democrats. Then, on the other hand, if he's the frontrunner, what else are we going to do? Let another Republican in office for another 4 years. Na-uh.

Save me Jesus!