November 17, 2005

Changing Course on Iraq

If Republicans can change their mind that Big Government is bad and embrace it like the W administration has, why can’t they accept that Democrats have changed their mind on the war in Iraq?

Sure, a lot of leading Democrats voted for the war on Iraq. Congressional Dems were given the same intelligence as Congressional Republicans, so why wouldn’t they vote the same way? John Edwards said this week, “I was wrong, it was a mistake to vote for this war in 2002.” Then Kerry said he’d never vote for this war again (nice sentiments but pointless). Dems are showing more resolve than ever on Iraq. Republicans call their reaction “politics” rather than just admit they were wrong. I know, I know, “I was wrong,” isn’t in the lexicon of your average Republican politician. “I was indicted,” is, however, and maybe that takes them a step closer to “I was wrong.”