November 01, 2006

Post-Halloween Confession

If you've read this blog, you know I'm not a fan of kids. Babies, toddlers, children, teens -- they bug me. Yeah I know, I was once a kid. I'm sure I had horrible self-loathing issues, but I don't remember because it was 100 years ago.

Last night, I did not want trick or treaters at my door, so I kept all the lights off in the house, and watched reruns of Gilmore Girls (Rory annoys me, but I watch it anyway. Like any addiction, it hurts).

Today, I find out that in Vegas -- and maybe this is everywhere -- sex offenders cannot turn on their lights in their house on Halloween or answer their door. So I'm wondering, of all the misperceptions and bad impressions I've given my neighbors, do the now think I'm a sex offender? Or just that grouchy witch at the end of the street?