May 16, 2008

Bad Blogging Practices

There's so much to blog about, that if I had time, I could sit at my desk all day and blog. Fortunately for my few readers, my time is limited so that I don't punish you too much with my bad attempt at humor. But, if I did have time to blog, here's a few bullet points that I'd blog about.
  • I just started the above sentence with the word "but." It's okay to do that, and I keep telling the annoying Brit in our office (who proof reads stuff without anyone asking her to) that it is perfectly acceptable in this century to start a sentence with "and," "but," or "or," if you are trying to make a point, as in the following examples: "I hate wanna-be grammarians. And I really hate wanna-be grammarians who come to this country from England and tell me how to punctuate. But I don't tell them how to be less annoying. Or if I did, I'd be nice about it."
  • Obama is going to win the nomination, despite the fact that Hillary is the better choice and stands a better chance of beating McCain. I'm actually rooting for that "dream team" scenario where Hillary is his VP. If nothing else, the SNL skits of Bill, Hil and OB in the White House would be fun.
  • I love Bill Clinton. I can't help it. True love is unconditional, despite campaign-ruining antics and run-away displays of egomania. I love that crazy SOB. That's all there is to it.
  • Now that I live in LA, I would like to give Xanax to everyone who is behind me on the road. Can't I just have one car behind me where the driver is not on his/her cell phone, or texting, or honking at me to turn left in front of the oncoming car that's barreling toward me?
  • My eyesight is going. I used to have perfect eyesight and now I can't see letters in front of me. As I type this, my monitor is a good five feet away, clear across the room, in fact. So what am I doing complaining about the cars behind me when I can't see the cars in front of me?
Okay, there it is, the random thoughts that have been running through my head lately. Actually, there's many more, but I don't have the time to write them down, or the heart to bore you.