September 06, 2008

Sanity First

I am soooooooooo sick of hearing the Republicans chant USA! USA!. I was listening to a speech of Palin's and, I forget what exactly she said that stirred this, but the crowd erupted into, "USA, USA." God, they sounded like an overgrown Pep Squad. Then there is the whole, "Country First," thing that they have been throwing in our face. I assume this is in reference to the Democrats' signs at their convention touting Unity.

I'm sorry, Republicans, but you have to forgive the Democrats. They had two candidates that were vastly different from anything your party offered and the party lines were split basically 50/50. They wanted Unity so they could whip your whacakdoo asses.

By promoting Country First, are you solving our dependency on oil? I don't think Drill Now counts. Short term solutions don't solve the problem, but hey, it does put more money in the oil companies' pockets. And by McCain's promise to tax the middle-class (more), sure, that abates the fear of the wealthy 5% that they may have to let loose of their money on something like better roads, instead of say, a more expensive car for themselves. I don't see any of the promises that McCain has made to be about anything other than "Me First," fitting the goals of the wealthiest Republicans. 

Granted, Obama has a strategy seemingly based on "hope," but if I don't trust him, I at least trust the fundamentals of the Democratic party, which are not a Me First philosophy.