February 25, 2007

Another Crazy Vegas Party

Last night, i went to the b-day party of one of my Vegas pals. She's a great woman who had an interesting career as a showgirl at the Stardust years ago. I went to the party mainly to support her, but also, I knew, I would encounter fodder for this blog. As usual, a Vegas party is a breeding ground for people behaving badly.

First, let me start off with the lone Republican at the party. Let's call her Babs. Babs tore into another guest, "Charlie," who simply made the comment that if a world-wide election were held, we'd be the most unpopular nation. "I am so tired of your godless atheist talk," Babs said,

"What did I say?" Charlie asked, all innocent.

"You just want to throw your godless talk in my face," she said. She had a nearly drained glass of cabernet in her hand. It was not her first.

"Where's the bar?" I asked, trying to change the subject. They ignored me as they went for each other's throats.

Then there was the woman I like to think of as the token demon. People seem to like her. I never have got it because she is so clearly a minion of Beelzebub, but hell, what do I know. Even hubby thinks she's sweat. I think she's a chubby little monster. I spoke to her when I arrived and she turned sharply on her heels and walked away. Later, I went up to a group of people who were talking, she was among them, and I said something, to which she rolled her eyes. Clearly, she doesn't like me. Then, before people had stopped eating, she started putting food away. Okay, I get it, she's clean, but it WAS NOT HER HOUSE.

Then there was our token rich divorcee friend. She didn't feel so well because she had just gotten back from Southern Cal, where her doctor had injected her lips with collagen. Her mouth looked swollen, and I thought, sexy. Behind her back, unfortunately, people were talking. Namely, the token Demon that everyone likes.

It may not rival the post Oscar parties that will go on tonight, but my little microcosm of people behaving badly I think stands up well against most. By the way, the people who went to the party are probably talking about me today. I evidently started the fight between Babs and Charlie simply by asking her what she thought of his ideas, plus, I hit on a gay guy in front of Hubby. But that's nothing new.