June 05, 2008

Why Obama Should Pick Hillary as his VP

I am a fan of the number five. When I was contemplating my move to LA, I asked all my LA friends, "what are the five best things about LA, and what are the five worst things about LA?" For the record, everyone said "Traffic" was among the worst. All but one said that "the people" were among the worst things in LA, as well. The one who did not include "the people," said, "Well, most folks will tell you the people are bad, but I don't think that is true." For the record, I think people are bad everywhere, so I can't say they are any worse in LA, just different from the bad people in NYC, Vegas or SF, and certainly way different from the bad people I grew up with in Vicksburg, Miss. Good people are the same all over, bad people are different in their own way. Thank you, Tolstoy.

So already in my first paragraph, I digress from the topic at hand: why Obama should pick my gal as his running mate. I'll give you five reasons, and keep in mind, I don't have these reasons in my head, I'm speaking from my heart and the words are flying off my fingers as they come to mind:

1) She's smarter than he is. Don't argue with me on this. She really is. She knows her stuff. He knows big words and how to sound pretty.
2) Bill Clinton would be a better first Husband that Michelle would a first lady. Her damn purple dress that she wore yesterday just scares me. That woman can't wear a belted dress. Purple is for grapes, teenagers, Gay Pride Flags, and rockers---not first ladies. 'Nuff said.
3) I understand what Hillary means when she gives a speech. Obama just strings together nice sentences. There's no mistaken what she means; I have to keep going, "What? What? What?" when I hear him give a speech. Yes, this is related to reason #1 above, but still different.
4) She has smaller ears than he does. His ears are freaky, but, I'll give him this: nothing about him is as freaky as McCain. That's guy is a Super Freak. To vote for McCain is to embrace your Super Freak side, and I'm not talking sexual stuff here. I'm talking about that 30% base of Bush supporters who think the recession is caused by the media, or is not a recession at all, and that buy into fallacies that we could all be rich if only we worked harder. We could all be rich if our daddy was Dick Cheney or G.H.W Bush.
5) Hillary is a better leader than Obama is. She has experience, tons of gumption, doesn't give up no matter who is telling her to (my heroes Bruce Springsteen and Jimmy Carter, also known collectively as "Judas."). She also knows her way around the DC political scene, she knows her facts cold, she, believe it or not, is truly the leader you want to turn to in a crisis as 3:00 am. Didn't you see the SNL skit?

Okay, I just realized that I have just listed the reasons why I think she should be President over Obama, not the reason why she should be his VP. If I've learned anything, though, it's that the world is unfair, and there is no accounting for the way voters think. That's why Bush was elected in 2004. We all know why he was elected in 2000---and it had nothing to do with the voters.

I would like to finish this post by saying I've been on a veggie and fruit diet for a few days, and tonight I fell off the wagon by not only having pizza, but having 2 glasses of Domain Caneros Pinot Noir, 2003. That's some good stuff. I'm now going to wine.com to order a couple bottles. I will be drinking a lot over the next, what, five months? Who can count when they have been dieting and then drink wine? I can't count when I'm sober, much less tipsy. Counting is boring anyway. My point is that I am unhappy, still, to this day (one day after she suspended her campaign) that she is not going to be the nominee. BUT NOOOOOO, no one listened to me when I said, "hey, don't vote for Bush," so why the heck would anyone listen to me when I said, "Don't vote for Obama, vote for Hillary"?

Where's the aspirin? I need an Ambien to boot.