June 04, 2008

Hillary for VP!

Today was obviously a sad day for me, and for anyone who supported Hillary. My reaction to the news was, naturally, to stress eat and listen to massive amounts of Bruce Springsteen. I would have drank wine, but, being vain, I figured I had overeaten enough that I couldn't afford the wine calories. But believe me, it's a Xanax night at my place. 

Of course, Hillary is merely suspending her campaign, not dropping out. This means that the savvy one can keep her delegates, prompting everyone from Obama to people who've been dead for ten years to ask, "What does Hillary want?" It's the new, "Where's the beef?" question, or if you prefer, the "Where's the Weapons of Mass Destruction?" question of recent years.

Can we stop asking the Hillary question now? Hillary wants to be VP. We know, she knows it and Obama, big ears and all, knows it. I love Jimmy Carter as much as I love Hillary, but today, when he said that the worst thing Obama could do was have her be his running mate, he was just plain old wrong. Yes, there are crackers out there who would have a complete freak if a black man and a woman led the country, but, for the mainstream Clinton supporter, this just solidifies the fact that they will support Obama. And all those folks who said that if Hillary wasn't the nomination, they'd vote for McCain? Well, they probably will still vote for McCain because they are probably the racist faction of Hillary supporters who won't vote for Obama no matter what, not even if David Duke supported him. 

Last night, CNN was showing delegates from states that were borderline From the looks of it, if you combine her delegates and his delegates from those states, the Democrats will whip McCain. Of course, we don't know which Veep McCain will pull out of his hat. It could change the whole thing.

Going back to my pity party, though, more than myself, I feel sorry for Bill. If Hillary isn't the VP on Obama's ticket, what the heck is he going to do, besides stave off reports that he's having yet another affair. And good lord, wouldn't the SNL skits be great if Obama were elected and Hillary/Bill were the VP?

I've said all along that the Democrats can put a beer can up there and I'll vote for it. By the way, I hate beer, that's how serious I am about this. I'm a gal of my word, so it is with a heavy heart, but some audacious hope, that I write these words: Obama for President!