August 22, 2005

If Cindy Can’t Ruin W’s Vacation, No One Can

I’m a personal fan of Cindy Sheehan. Hell, anyone who wants to ruin W’s five week vacation is okay by me. My only problem with her is she actually wants to meet the man. Meet him? I want to forget he even exists. Ahh, but she’s a better woman than I am, as are most women, and men, come to think of it.

Cindy writes a forceful piece for truthout.org. Perhaps the most telling part of her correspondence is when she tells this story:

“I got an email the other day and it said, ‘Cindy if you didn't use so much profanity ... there's people on the fence that get offended.’

And you know what I said? 'You know what? You know what, god damn it? How in the world is anybody still sitting on that fence?'”

How huge of a moron do you have to be to worry about the profanity coming out of this woman’s mouth? She lost her son in a senseless war. If you are offended by her little four letter words, well, sweetheart, fuck you. Grow up and grow your own belief system, not something you were told in some backwater church.

Cindy, I think what you are doing is fantastic. I think W should be hanged for treason for the way he and this gang have stolen an election, started a war on false premises, polarized this country and turned a good portion of the world against us (Thank God Poland is on our side . . . or did they change their minds?)

But honestly, what can he say to you if he meets with you? First of all, I doubt he will meet with you. It would require him to have courage and honor. If he did meet with you, if Karl Rove twisted his arm, what could he possibly say? He’ll mumble nonsense about staying the course, being full of resolve, etc., whatever, yadda, yadda, yadda, bite me.

He will twist the situation into his advantage. Nix that. Rove will do the twisting. You and W will pray. Fox News will report that you said he is a good man, an honorable man, a man full of resolve. Though you won’t feel this way, they’ll make you look like you are humbled by this great, great idiot. I mean man.

Stay in his face. We should all stay in his face. But it’s not his fault, is it? It’s really the fault of the people who voted for him. They are the ones that owe you answers.