December 29, 2005

My big break

A brand spanking new year is just a couple of days away. At the end of every year, many of us, myself included, like to reflect on the past year and examine what is good in our life and what is not so good.

I work with several jackasses, that's not good. I lost weight, that's good. I'm tired of most people, that's probably not good, but I think anyone over 40 feels that way. I'm also tired of not having the money to always do what I want, that's just pathetic at my age. I have plenty of friends all over the country, that's good, but I don't have the time or money to go visit them. That's not good. They are starting to bug me to do so, which is not good. Pressure is bad, so if you are doing that, stop. You wanna see me, get your ass on a plane.

And now for the awful truth: I'm tired of blogging. If you've read this blog, you've got the basics of my average post. I hate George W. Bush, I hate all the neocons. I'm prochoice. I hate religion. I think that most people are jackasses, so much so that a year ago I started a blog to rant about them. I tried to be funny at all times, but I often (okay, very often) failed.

So, I'm going to make like a neocon and look out for #1, which means I'm taking a break. I'll be back eventually, and maybe I'll just blog every now and then till I feel like I have the time and energy, along with something to say, to come back on a regular basis.

You may have noticed that there are two bloggers on this site, the other being Ironhuff. A year ago I told Ironhuff I didn't want to shoulder this blog alone, and he agreed to help me. He wrote one post in the past year. Geez Ironhuff, I love you, but for God's sake, one post? You have too much to say not to blog, so here's a thought, why don't you keep the blog going for awhile? What else are you gonna do? Watch reruns of Buffy? Besides, you're smarter than me and can win arguments with Republicans much easier. Come on, people, let's chant, we want Ironhuff! We want Ironhuff!

Until I'm inspired to blog again, have a great 2006. As Arnold would say, I'll be back.