December 08, 2006

Big Bones Grammarian Whoops Iraq

There is so much I could blog about these days: the uncivil war in Iraq, our failures in Iraq, W's cliche of the day regarding Iraq, W's folly involving Iraq, someone in W's administration resigning over Iraq, Iraq itself, Saddam, Iran and Iraq, terrorists and Iraq, Iraq, Iraq, Iraq.

Instead of blogging about that, I need to blog about the Big Bones Grammarian, a woman I work with whom I've blogged about many times before. In what is living proof that life is cruel, Big Bones Grammarian and Psychic HR (another often blogged about coworker) are now best of friends. BBG likes to visit PHR, whose office is next to mine, and drone on and on about how she's gone from 220 pounds to 210 pounds (no lie), how flexible she is because she used to be a model in London (she's got to be lying), how her freelance career is booming (for an alternative weekly), and I'm sitting in my office eavesdropping and marveling at the irony of being an American. Citizens in Iraq get to worry about car bombs blowing them to bits or being randomly shot on the street. Meanwhile, back in the USA, I obsess over the fact that two people get to me like no others: BBG and PHR. Both are arrogant, delusional, and have overblown images of themselves, which, I hope stems from low self-esteem and is not sincere self-love.

So I keep thinking about Iraq to put things in perspective. It occurs to me that everyone has annoying co-workers. Why can't we ship our annoying co-workers to Iraq? Imagine the results. The fighting would stop because all the Iraqis would LEAVE THE COUNTRY. Hell, they'd rather be in Israel than have to put up with Psychic HR or BBG. If each company in America would pick their 2 or 3 most loathsome employees and ship them to Iraq, this war would end, American productivity would soar, and I could stop taking Xanax.

But without BBG, Psychic HR or Iraq, what would I blog about? Oh, that's right. W is still in office for another 2 years.