December 17, 2006

It's Starting to Blow a Lot Like Xmas

I am sooooo tired of the holidays. What good do they do anyone? Seriously?

The holidays are expensive, there are parties to go to that NO ONE wants to attend, gifts to buy for people you may not want to buy for but feel you have to because they sit in a cube outside your office and handle your expense report, there's food to eat that isn't on your diet, there are people to deal with who are in bad moods because it is year-end and there is too much work to do still and let's not forget holiday music. It's starting to look a lot like Christmas should be rewritten. It's starting to feel a lot like He-ll.

Last week I blogged about my new Mini Cooper. Well, that little bastard still isn't in my possession. The kind people in charge finally took it off the boat and got it to Vegas, however, it has been in the Mini Cooper shop since Friday. There have so many other cars ahead of mine that they have to check out, they said. How many damn people are buying a Mini Cooper? And it is baby of a car, how long can it take to "check them out?" So Maybe on Monday I will get it. Maybe Tuesday. My God, how can a tiny car be so much trouble? Oh I know. The cars is not the trouble, the Mini Cooper people are the ones who are trouble.

Okay, so I am grouchy about the holidays. Sue me, but I'm tired of the fuss, I'm tired of the campiness, and this year, even Christmas lights don't cheer me up. So slap a floppy hat on me and call me the Grinch. Wake me when it's New Years.