December 10, 2006

Mini Cooper Mini Hell

About six weeks ago, my hubby and I plopped down some $$earnest money on a Mini Cooper. We were told that it would arrive in 6-8 weeks from England, as it was being special ordered. I am a RIGHT HERE RIGHT NOW type of gal, but I thought I would try out this thing called patience. So I restocked my Xanax and I sat back and waited.

Last week, it arrived at the Port of LA and is on its way here. Hubby went down to Mini Cooper to pay. He was paying cash, or to be specific, with a check. They made him fill out a credit history! He asked why, and they really didn't have a good answer, other than to say that it was policy and must be done. Then, they tried to do the hard sell on a bunch of warranties and crap. He told them, "I will not buy anything new." They kept trying to sell. He walked out, pissed. Our first real experience with Mini Cooper was now a bad o ne.

Then, over the weekend, he was notified that they had run a credit check on him. He didn't sign any papers releasing them to do that, and again, just let me say this: we paid cash for the car. He called up, bitched them out and again, was not told any real answers. Hubby is blowing them in to the BBB.

Meanwhile, he has been trying to sell my PT Cruiser. So he calls up Chrysler here in Vegas, tells them about the car and they are interested. They set up a time for him to come down. He arrives on time, no one is there. Some young slacker girl shrugs it off and says, "hey, you know, we were doing you a favor to begin with." Hubby says, "I think the words you are looking for are, 'we're sorry so, there must have been a mix up in the schedule.'"

Since when did sales people make the transition from simply an ass to uber-ass? Make that Full Throttle Ass. The root component of sales is marketing, and the root component of marketing is a good brand - followed by word of mouth. I'm talking. I have a big mouth. You don't want me bashing your brand - which is composed of your people, services and products. So, Mini Cooper in Las Vegas and Integrity Chrysler, guess what guys? This is marketing backfiring in motion. Your people are rude and Full-Throttle ASSES. Time for training classes.