September 01, 2005

Politicize This

I am so tired of the Right complaining that the Left is politicizing Katrina. At least the Left is THINKING about Katrina. So new rule: anyone who says the Left is politicizing Katrina is a jackass. What they call politicizing, actual patriots call CRITISIZING OUR GOVERNMENT when they do wrong, because, hey, jackasses, that’s our right. That’s why it’s America and not Iran. So at the risk of politicizing against that poor noble hero, W (bite me), here’s a good story my favorite former boss sent me on how, among other things, W and his mighty minions cut flood control funding to Nola by 44% to help pay for the war in Iraq.

Meanwhile, speaking of closet lesbians, Condi Rice went shoe shopping today at Ferragamo. Last night, she needed to get out of the hotel and have a giggle so she went to see Spamalot. I have it on good authority that afterwards, she asked to meet the cast, and they said, No way, that would be inappropriate. You’re the face of the Government, go help out W.

Hey Condi, do the new Ferragamos feel good on your feet? I mean, after working on your backhand with Monica Seles, I bet your dogs are tired. By the way, there are women being raped in the Superdome. Now back to your Ferragamos . . .

As Ironhuff said on the phone to me today as we discussed the W administrations' blatant apathy about New Orleans, “It’s a classic case of ‘Let Them Eat Cake.’”