September 02, 2005

W is So Obvious

Today’s debriefing was clearly nothing more than a photo-op and, uh-hum, Republicans politicizing Katrina. And they say the liberals are politicizing the disaster? Well I guess what’s good for the goose . . .

Note to every politician in the world: stop rolling up your shirt sleeves to symbolize you are “gettin' down to bizness.” W looked like the jackass he is with his shirt sleeves rolled up. Please. We get the message. You are there to help. Trouble is, you didn't do diddly. You visit some stranded folks and you have no water or food, but hey, if they want a photo with you, they are in luck!

The whole t debriefing, and his statements afterwards, were just an insult to the disaster victims. By the way, I loved it when he said the “disaster area was a disaster.” Yes, that helps cement the argument that W must be smart because he did better than Kerry or Gore in college.

Back to the debriefing: W clearly was not paying attention to anything any one said. You could tell he was day-dreaming. His shifty-eyes kept wandering and his face was all screwed up like Rove taught him to do. I can imagine him thinking, “I wonder why Karl rolled up my shirt sleeves after he burped me?”

As a marketing person, I take today’s attempt at whatever-that-was as a slap in the face to the profession. It was a strained, obvious attempt at PR and damage control. The fact is, Bush is four days late and billions of dollars too short. And how dare he say that he is not satisfied with some of the relief efforts. Sugar, take some responsibility. The fish spoils from the head down. You know what I do to people on my staff who don’t own up to their responsibility? I fire them. God, W, I wish I could fire your redneck ass and ship you off to France where they would lynch you with bottles of wine.