September 06, 2005

W Isn’t the Only Person Behaving Badly

Of the nine family members that were missing, it looks like eight are accounted for. My cousin HJ is still missing, and yes, we’ve posted his name to the different Internet sites. HJ, you are constantly in our thoughts.

Today at work, I was telling one of my pals the news about my family, when my boss walked in. He’s not the most well-liked person in the place. In fact, I’ve heard more than one person say that they loathe him. In the last week, he’s never once asked me if there is any word on my family. When he walked into the middle of the conversation, he actually had the audacity to quip, “maybe he’s at Ellen DeGeneres’ sister house.” I didn’t laugh. My pal didn’t laugh. He changed the subject to something work related and I walked out of the room. Later, I saw him in the hall and gave him my best evil eye. It was a waste of an evil eye. He was too self-absorbed to notice. HJ, a good person whom everyone loves, is missing, maybe dead. My boss, who looks like a chickpea with legs and has the personality of a rattlesnake, is A okay. Universe, what happened to Karma?

I’m really stunned by how many people there are out there who just don’t care about this crisis. Fortunately, they are in the minority.

The other small faction of people I find appalling are the one I’ve talked to recently who are criticizing the black people who were stranded in New Orleans. I’m sorry their begging on camera for help really pisses you off! When you lose everything you own, I know you will handle it with more grace and aplomb. In the meantime, thank you for voting for George W. Bush. In no way, do I think you are a worthless dumbass because you voted for that cock-eyed SOB.

My last little rant for today is this: politicians must stop saying that the blame game must stop. You fucked up. Own up to it. Accept it, admit it, and start acting like a leader, W.