October 07, 2005

Don't Mess With New York City

I'm off to NYC for a few day, where terrorists threats are making the headlines. I'm more of a taxi girl myself, but I have to admit that when I heard yesterday about the threats to the subway system, my first thoughts were, of course, about me. I like to envision myself in various scenarios, say, taking a private jet to NYC and drinking champagne, as opposed to the what will really happen, which is I’ll have a middle seat in coach taking Jet Blue. Instead of drinking champagne I’ll be trying to open a mini bag of pretzels with my teeth. Envisioning yourself smack in the middle of a terrorist attack is obviously no one's idea of "happy thoughts."

I’ll tell you what is a happy thought. Michael Bloomberg and all involved did a great job alerting New York and beefing up security. I don’t know if any New Yorkers agree with me, but I wish Vegas, and the Federal government, had half the brains those in charge of NYC have.

Anyway, I won’t be blogging for a few days, but I’ll be back mid-week, and hopefully, the only attack I will have to report on is an attack of heartburn I’ll get after eating at the Italian joint down the block.