October 19, 2005

Republicans: Say Uncle

So if you voted for W, what’s it like to know that you voted for one of the most corrupt, if not the most corrupt, administration in the history of our country? You voted this President into office for a variety of reasons, depending on who you are: a party-line Republican who wanted to protect your money and get a fat tax break, an Evangelical Christian who believed this man was chosen by God himself, or just your average moron who doesn’t know better. Okay, that’s redundant with the first two, but, since I can’t get any Republicans to apologize for voting for W and thereby ruining the country, can I at least get an answer? How embarrassed are you at this point that you voted for this man, who among the many disasters, gave Rove power? Actually, Rove gave him the power: it’s called good marketing. W is the Marketing President, but as every ethical marketing person knows, you can sell a product for awhile, but if you really don’t have a good product to begin, or if you aren’t applying a high standard of ethics in the way you market, sooner or later, your product will be taken off the shelf.

Sorry, I know La Blogda is supposed to be funny, but I’m just too angry that the inevitable is unfolding, that the people in my camp weren't the ones who turned out to be wrong. I wish we had been. I wish Bush would have been the great leader and president that GOP followers said he was. Those of us who’ve hated Bush since the Republicans stole the election in 2000 knew that sooner or later this man, and his cronies, would drive this country into the ground. We all knew that the truth would come out about them. And now that it is all happening, there’s no silver lining, there’s nothing to be happy about. But I’ve said it before and I’ll continue saying: I don’t blame what’s happening in this country on W, I blame it on the people who voted for him. I blame it on the folks who fell for the blatant marketing.