October 15, 2005

Must Conservatives be so Blatant?

Of all the reasons the conservatives have for not liking Harriet Mier, their big bone of contention is that they aren’t sure if she is anti-choice. Will the far right not be satisfied until it is mandatory that every woman in this country squirt out a kid? Listen up, Jesus freaks: if I get pregnant and have a kid, I’m whipping the little rat. Hard! And I’m doing it just because you’ve pissed me off! Again! Would you right-wingers please just get laid, get drunk and get off our backs?

As you can imagine, I’m a huge advocate of abortion, not as a regular means of birth control, but for those times when accidents happen, like the screaming little hell hound I had to sit next to on the flight back from NYC last week. Believe me when I said that the child, nor its lackadaisical mother, had any redeeming qualities. Had the plane gone down, surely my last thoughts would have been, “at least the world will be rid of these two.” Sound harsh? Fine, you sit by them next time.

Why can’t we have a Supreme Court Justice who doesn’t have a staunch belief either way? I know tons of apathetic people who could care less if a woman has reproductive rights or not. Just plop a case down in front of them and ask them to make a decision based on previous law and certain criteria. They can do it; they can come to a fair and impartial decision. And by the way, Harriet Miers is soooo against abortion, don’t worry, you lil’ right wing bible thumpers. She’ll be taking away civil rights and personal liberties in no time.