May 15, 2005

Merchants of Poo

I can feel it in my bones. I need a new cause. It’s not enough to bash Bush anymore. It’s not enough to bash his whore minions (or is he the minion?) I started off my education as a journalism major. I considered it a noble profession. I would seek the truth. I would write the truth. I would get back stage passes to really cool rock concerts. Then I got sidetracked and went into marketing where I write the truth you want to hear, which is that my company’s product will make your life a living swell. So now I’m the big ho minion. What can I do about it? Bitch. Vent. And get a new cause. That new cause? How the media is one big marketing machine. If nothing else, maybe Ruppie Murdoch will read my blog, hire me, and I’ll make a zillion bucks as his advertising copywriter for Fox “News.”

Speaking of Fox News, here’s a great list, the Merchants of Crap, which shows who owns who in the media world. It’s a good start for my new cause. Don’t worry, if you behave badly in front of me, I will still post it here. But for the time being, I think I need to join the cause and out the media.

Mainstream Media, you guys are such wusses. Think of me, that young girl who wanted to be noble and be a journalist. I sold out. Did you have to?